In equestrian sports there are different types of competitions where it is usually men who compete. However, there is a space for the ladies in these competitions. This is where the Amazons come into play. Therefore, it is the equivalent of a rider (man) in those equestrian spaces. This is the reason why we will approach the related to the Royal Amazon Haya bint Al Husein
Haya bint Al Husein biography
Princess Haya bint Al Husein was born on May 3, 1974 in Amman, Jordan. She is the daughter of the deceased King Hussein I of Jordan and sister of the current King of Jordan, Abdala II. She is married to Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and governor of Dubai, being his second wife. His mother was Queen Alia Al-Husayn (now deceased). She is sister, by the maternal and paternal branch, of Prince Ali bin al Hussein of Jordan.
Academic background of Haya bint Al Husein
The princess graduated in Great Britain, where she obtained a Bachelor and Master with honors in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Oxford. Princess Haya has been President of the International Equestrian Federation (2006-2010), and Messenger of Peace of the UN (2007).
Haya bint Al Husein in the world of Riding
- His love of horse riding began when his father, at age six, gave him a colt whose mother had died to take responsibility for their care. Haya having lost her mother (Alicia Touqan) felt identified with the orphan foal and grew up together.
- At the age of 12 Haya participated for the first time in an equestrian competition. Since then, the discreet and elegant princess is an expert amazon who came to represent her country at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.
- That love for horse riding has made her a lover of Spain, a country she has visited assiduously since her youth to attend competitions and horse races.
- In addition, she was an impeccable President of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) from 2006 to 2010.
- She is a friend of Spanish riders like Sergio Álvarez, ex-husband of Marta Ortega or Cayetano Martínez de Irujo and loves to visit the country.
Philanthropic works of Princess Haya
- She is involved in several humanitarian aid organizations, especially in the fight against hunger and poverty. Princess Haya is the founder of the first non-governmental organization in the Arab world of food aid known as Tkiyet Um Ali and president of Dubai International Humanitarian City.
- Princess Haya has stressed the need to use sport as a cost-effective instrument to accelerate the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals to improve the lives of the world’s poorest people in the future.
The Royal Amazon Haya bint Al Husein Princess, philanthropist, Master with Honors in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Oxford’s University. An integral woman who stands out in each field she decides to undertake. An example of female empowerment
If you want to know more about Gustavo Mirabal or Equestrian Word, go to: