With the death of Queen Elizabeth II, an excessive interest has been aroused by her facet as a rider and horse breeder. Horse breeding is a task that requires resources, but it also requires a special sensitivity to these animals. In this article we will review the lives of some famous lovers of horse breeding such as Queen Elizabeth II.
Keeping a horse can be quite expensive. The horse breeding business is a business that can be very interesting but difficult to run. Without economic resources and good administrative and managerial management it is impossible. But also, as we mentioned in the introduction
The horse business is booming in the world and especially in Spain. It is a sector that in the leading countries represents more than 0.5% of GDP. Equestrian tourism is not far behind and continues to generate attraction.
The trend of “healthy and natural living” begins to boost natural tourism and rural tourism, both strongly associated with horses and equestrian tourism. This has led many people to want to invest in the equestrian sector.
But at the same time, it is a sector that requires prestige and great economic resources to invest…
In addition, it is a sector closely associated with the luxury and prestige segment. No doubt these are attributes that not everyone possesses. Thanks to this many famous people have been attracted to horse breeding. Using your image to boost your business is an opportunity that not everyone has.
That is why today we will talk about the numerous famous people who are dedicated or have dedicated themselves to the breeding of horses. Without further ado, let’s get started.
What do famous require to get into horse breeding?
Horse breeding is a very competitive sector. There are elements that encourage the entry of famous people and actors to horse breeding. Today we will see some of the attributes that entrepreneurs, famous or not, need to get started in the world of horse breeding.
- Contacts: Celebrities can make contacts easily. These contacts serve both to get customers and to get experts to help them in their business. Fame can increase the profile of the business and that can be very positive. But it can also attract the attention of unscrupulous people who want to scam the famous person who does not know about the subject. That is why it is always convenient to enter to invest in sectors where you have a minimum of knowledge of the subject.
- Knowledge about horses: As we mentioned in the previous point, it is convenient that anyone who wants to enter the horse breeding business has knowledge about horses and what the business entails. We recommend that before investing, you study the sector and learn as much as possible. In addition to this way you can discover if there is the passion to carry it forward.
- Economic resources: Horses, their maintenance, feeding, health and training are expensive. Famous people who wish to enter the world of horses must set aside part of their income to start this business. A famous person must possess responsible legal and financial advice. That is why Gustavo Mirabal recommends choosing our financial advisors well.
- Love for horses: It is essential to be a horse breeder. Only in this way is passion achieved to achieve success.
- Sensitivity: this factor is important not to forget that the welfare of the horse is the well-being of the business. If you put money in front of you, surely you will only fail.
Queen Elizabeth II, the celebrity who sparked a renewed interest in horse breeding
It is well known that Queen Elizabeth II is the longest-serving monarch. The second best-known fact is that Queen Elizabeth II was a lover of horses, horse breeding and racing.
The Netflix TV series “The Crown” highlights this facet of the UK’s constitutional monarch. In one chapter the bond that unites his soul friend “Porchey” is strongly highlighted. The real name of “Porchey” was “Henry George Reginald Molyneux Herbert”, also known as Lord Porchester, hence the diminutive.
And it is that Queen Elizabeth II and Porchey were united by a passion, horses. The queen made sure that her horses had everything they needed to be winners. Thanks to this, the horses of the stable of Queen Elizabeth II of England reaped great victories, surpassing those of their father, King George VI.
It is well known that King George VI was also passionate about horses. And we also know that the Queen’s daughter, Princess Anne, also inherited this great passion.
Analyzing the family trees of horse breeders, we can say that the love for horses is hereditary.
Even in the time of Covid, Queen Elizabeth II gave one of her mansions to her horses so that they could give her better care and keep them healthy.
With seven victories in horse racing classics, Queen Elizabeth II has surpassed her predecessors.
In addition, Queen Elizabeth II was an excellent rider, although in her later years she only rode her pony called Fern, for her own safety.
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
“The Rock” is one of the actors that is fashionable. But his rise to stardom has not simply been a matter of luck. Dwayne Douglas Johnson was born on May 2, 1972 and has struggled to get where he is ever since. He had a troubled adolescence, but that didn’t stop him from continuing to fight for his dreams.
He is descended from professional Wrestlers in American wrestling. For some Dwayne is one of the best free wrestlers in history. Thanks to this he launched his film career that gave him great renown and projection.
With this in mind he has projected his image into many charitable activities. But Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson also bought in 2019 an equestrian farm of immense proportions. We certainly think that Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is one of those celebrities with the “touch of Midas”, everything he touches makes it gold.
If you decide to continue on this path, we predict a sure success.
Vicente Fernández (Mexican singer)
Mexican singer Vicente Fernández died at the age of 81 in Guadalajara. He was buried in his ranch called “Los tres potrillos” in honor of his three sons: Alejandro Fernández, Vicente Fernández Jr and Gerardo Fernández.
But apart from his role as a singer, the nicknamed “Charro de Huentitán” was a passionate horse breeder. But his passion had a very striking particularity that generated controversy around him. And it is that the famous Vicente Fernández liked to breed miniature horses.
Some criticized him for the cost of the small horses, which sold for at least $1,500. The best specimens sell for over 2000 dollars. In addition, many of these miniature horses are exported to the United States.
Other groups criticized him for engaging in the trade of an animal as alive and as noble as the horse. The fiercest criticism came from animal organizations that accused him of mistreatment of animals and lack of ethics.
However, the good treatment he gave to his horses and the very humane way in which they were raised has silenced all criticism. Vicente Fernandez’s miniature horses measure between 85 and 90 centimeters in height. These horses have a calm character and are an excellent saddle for children.
Their horse owners and the waiting list
Among some of the personalities known to have these horses are Angela Aguilar and Alejandra Guzmán.
There have been other personalities who have had to reject these beautiful animals as a gift because they do not have the conditions to have them. This is because miniature horses need space, feeding and special care.
Keep in mind that precisely the crossing of horses has the purpose of breeding small horses of very good character. Ponies are small horses, but they can have a bad character and are not always recommended for children’s riding. That is why the breeding of miniature horses is in full growth.
Thanks to the dedication of his business and the fame of Vicente Fernández the business is extremely successful. They have a long waiting list of customers for these miniature horses that will continue to grow.
His children have inherited the business of the great Vicente Fernández and promised to give it continuity.
A lover of breeding horses for children whose dedication has created a beautiful and noble animal and a great business.
Sergio Álvarez Moya, rider among the famous lovers of horse breeding
Sergio Álvarez Moya has stood out notably for being one of the most famous equestrian jumping riders in Spain. Thanks to this he has teamed up with other famous horse breeders in these companies, such as Gustavo Mirabal Castro, Amancio Ortega and Sergio Ramos.
The diversity of its partners shows that the reputation of Álvarez Moya has been fundamental for these societies. Sergio Álvarez Moya is a jumping rider who brings his experience and reputation to these famous horse breeding lovers. This makes him a famous lover of horse breeding to Sergio Alvarez Moya himself.
Among its partners is a diversity of professions which we will present in chronological order below.
Famous partners of Sergio Álvarez Moya lovers of horse breeding
- Gustavo Mirabal Castro: Financial advisor to high performance athletes and artists. His passion for horses has given much to talk about. Gustavo Mirabal has also participated as an amateur rider in various parts of the world. This Venezuelan has raised the flag of his country, either as an amateur rider, as a financial advisor or as a horse breeder. Later we will know more about him. Thanks to G&C Quitador Rochelais, he made Sergio Alvarez Moya crowned champion of Spain in 2016.
- Amancio Ortega: The businessman, owner and founder of the clothing store emporium Zara, is also a well-known horse breeder. The closeness between Amancio Ortega and Sergio Alvarez Moya was born with the marriage between the latter and his daughter. The interesting thing is that their partnership did not cease with the divorce between Sergio Álvarez Moya and Amancio Ortega’s daughter, Marta Ortega Pérez. This shows us how solid the partnership between Amancio Ortega and the Spanish jumping rider is.
- Sergio Ramos: This footballer compatriot of Sergio Ramos has stood out in recent years. The Spaniard, in addition to showing off on the soccer fields, has also given a lot for other issues, including the investments of Sergio Ramos. Currently Sergio Ramos is a partner of Sergio Álvarez Moya and together they acquired several horses including Álamo, the champion of Spain. His SR4 stud farm is giving a lot to talk about, but we will see that next.
Sergio Ramos, a famous soccer player who wants to breed horses
Sergio Ramos is a rara avis of sport and finance. As an athlete he is very prominent, but thanks to his closeness to his family, he has not derailed his finances, despite some extravagant expenses.
However, their investments have not yielded as much as they could have yielded. This has been because they have not been managed by expert financial advisors. In addition, the market has been very convulsed due to the pandemic and the economic crisis. However, the fact that your money is invested rather than spent is already a win.
In this regard, his investments have not gone quite well, but the important thing is that he persists and every time he learns from his mistakes. One of the most interesting investments has been linked to horse breeding.
Sergio Ramos has become a footballer among the famous lovers of horse breeding. An art that requires considerable resources, renown, and love for animals. In this way, although his stud farm has not yet returned income, his projection is promising. Even more so with the half-hearted acquisition along with Sergio Alvarez Moya of the champion of Spain, the horse Álamo. With this they are projected for the breeding of first level horses with their mares and this stallion.
Sergio Ramos begins to stand out in the equestrian world and in the coming years we will see if his investment bears the expected fruits. Without a doubt Sergio Ramos is one of the famous lovers of horse breeding.
Gustavo Mirabal Castro, financial advisor to famous horse breeding lover
Gustavo Mirabal Castro is one of those famous who has dedicated himself to horse breeding. This is in his blood because his father, Gustavo Mirabal Bustillos, was a great horse breeder. Under his Stud saw light horses such as Tropigold and Laser Beam.
Gustavo Mirabal Castro followed the legacy and increased it by creating the fabulous G&C Farm and achieving the successful breeding of world-renowned horses such as G&C Arrayan. Later G&C Arrayan would be renamed as simply Arrayán and would be kept by the famous Sergio Álvarez Moya, reaping numerous successes.
Later Gustavo Mirabal dedicated himself to his role as a financial advisor, but he has never abandoned his love for horses. No doubt he is one of the famous lovers of horse breeding.