Horse riding takes place in many countries and is part of attractions of tourist destinations. This is how in Europe has been implemented related to equestrian tourism. Therefore, there are sites such as clubs or other organizations that offer packages that include recreational riding. This is how tourists enjoy long horseback riding through mountains and spectacular landscapes.
Recreational riding is an outdoor activity that is gaining popularity because it is healthy and beneficial for the rider. It is an exercise at the same time cardiovascular, provides muscle conditioning and improves many aspects of the life of those who practice it. There is little limitation of age and abilities, so riding is accessible and enjoyable for adults and children alike.
Benefits of recreational riding
On the other hand, recreational riding is a very motivating activity. It’s much more fun than doing sports in a gym. It’s social, fun, instructive and sometimes even spiritual. But above all, it is therapeutic in many aspects of life for the rider, for the parents, for the volunteers and for the instructors. Unite people from different classes, people who would never have the opportunity to interact with a horse or a person with a disability.
Therapeutic and recreational riding
In relation to recreational riding is not only a fun activity. There is also therapeutic riding that is a form of therapy for people with physical, mental or developmental disabilities. Each individual has a specialized riding session created for them by a health professional.
Benefits of recreational riding
- Improves posture and muscle tone
- Gives dynamic and static balance
- Relax who practices it
- Improves the functioning of organs
- Increase self-confidence
- Reduces anxiety and stress itself
- Increase verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Increase interaction with people around you
- It allows controlling emotions and also discover feelings
- Create a link between the animal and the rider, also Create habits of hygiene and self-care.
- Changes the mood of the child from the beginning of therapy and improves motor functions
- It is of utmost importance as it fosters respect for animals and nature
Disorders that can be treated with equine therapy in children over 5 years old and adults:
- Mental and emotional disturbances: autism, phobias, psychosis.
- Behavioral disorders: aggressiveness, nervousness, stress, shyness, insomnia, sedentary habits.
- Delays in development, learning problems, social problems.
- Neurological dysfunctions with motor alterations: cerebral palsy, cerebrovascular accidents, brain trauma.
- Down syndrome, Rett syndrome.
- Sensory, visual, auditory and speech difficulties.
- Orthopedic problems: posture, balance, joint degeneration, injuries, amputations, congenital malformations.
- Rheumatic diseases: in adults and children such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
- Respiratory complications: asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, postoperative or post-traumatic.
As we can conclude, that recreational riding has numerous benefits and benefits. Including recreational horse riding more frequently among our recreational activities will improve our health and quality of life
If you want to know more about Gustavo Mirabal or Equestrian Word, go to: