There are outstanding amazons in the equestrian world that leave the female genre high. These spaces have been conquered little by little by wonderful women, as in this case of Georgina Bloomberg. Georgina Bloomberg not only lives in the equestrian world, she also dedicates her time and effort to participate in different causes that help others and animals. Georgina is an exemplary woman who spends time in these admirable activities. For this reason we will deepen about the multifaceted career Georgina Bloomberg.
Biography of Georgina Bloomberg
Georgina Leigh Bloomberg was born on January 20, 1983 in New York City. His unusual surname comes from New York City tycoon Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg LP and former mayor of the city. She is the youngest daughter of the new york´s tycoon with Susan Brown. His sister Emma is four years older.
In relation to her academic background, she attended Spence School and graduated from the Gallatin Individualized Study School of the University of New York in 2010. She studied at Parsons Fashion Design College in 2012.
In December 2013, Georgina Bloomberg gave birth to a son, Jasper Michael Brown Bloomberg, currently has four rescue dogs, a rescue goat, two rescue mules and two mini horses.
Career of Georgina Bloomberg
- Bloomberg started riding horses when he was four years old and started competing at age six. Won the “Best Child Rider awards at every major horse show on the east coast.”
In 2000, Bloomberg began practicing equestrian jumping and won the USET Talent Derby in 2001. In addition, he was a member of the gold medal winning team of the North American young rider championship for zone 2 in 2002 and eventually won the individual gold medal in 2003. She was the winner of the Maxine Beard Prize in 2004.
- For the year 2005, Bloomberg was the winner of the Metropolitan Cup and the invitational knockout competition of Las Vegas. She competed in the finals of the World Cup. He was also a member of the first Samsung team to win the WS Super League in La Baule, France.
- He was a member of the winning teams of EE. UU In Hamina, Finland and Falsterbo, Sweden in 2007. In Sweden, contributed her first double clear nations cup performance at a 5* competition.
- She was the winner of the Empire State Grand Prix and the Bluegrass Festival Grand Prix in 2010.
- In 2015, Bloomberg won the Adequan Grand Prix CSI 3 * at the 2015 Winter Equestrian Festival.
- He won the Team Bronze Medal as the newest member of the United States Equestrian Team at the Panamerican Games in Toronto, Canada.
To equestrian world
- At 23, Bloomberg founded the Rider’s Closet. Rider’s Closet collects new and gently used riding clothing and boots and provides them to therapeutic riding programs, pony clubs, intercollegiate riding programs and individual riders who are in need. The Rider’s Closet’s operate from Pegasus Therapeutic Riding, which enables the program to run on a continuous basis. Pegasus provides equine-assisted activities and therapies to people with special needs, individuals at risk, and soon, military veterans. A Pegasus staff person manages The Rider’s Closet program and oversees the volunteers who staff it on a part-time basis. The Rider’s Closet accepts individual and corporate donations of all new and gently used riding gear, then donates the items to any rider in need in the U.S. who requests them.
- Bloomberg currently serves on the boards of directors different institutions and foundations like the Hampton Classic Horse Show, the Emma and Georgina Bloomberg Foundation. and the Bloomberg Family Foundation. She sits on the board of trustees for the U.S. Equestrian Team.
Her “Animal Aid” efforts
- Georgina Bloomberg is vice presidet at Animal Aid USA an organization created in January of 2012. Is formed by a small group of animal lovers. Animal Aid USA is a 100% volunteer organization dedicated to helping animals. Through our rescue and relocation model, we have helped unwanted, abused and abandoned animals. Each month, our volunteers help to relocate animals from high-kill shelters to receiving rescues and homes.
- In 2016, the Humane Society of the United States recognized Bloomberg with the Compassion in Action Award “for her tireless work to protect all animals and she pronounce her speech in “To the Rescue! New York Gala” to a room full of laughs:
“I want to thank my father for not disowning us every time we brought a new pet home. We had a ritual of every time we brought a new pet home, putting it in the bathroom near our kitchen, and whenever my father would come home from work, his first stop was the bathroom near our kitchen. He would open the door and see whatever pet we had brought home, and coincidentally, that was when I learned my first swear word,”.
The event raised more than $1.7 million for the organization’s animal rescue efforts
- She is a founding member of Humane Generation/Friends of Finn committee, which works with the Humane Society of the United States to end the inhumane treatment of dogs and advocates for pet adoption.
Her efforts in equestrian world and philanthropic activities makes her an awesome woman and an example for future generations
If you want to know more about Gustavo Mirabal or Equestrian Word, go to: